Thursday 5 July 2007

Beautiful wool

We spent a great day at Mary's yesterday. The kids were kept busy with journal making, cupcake eating, watching movies and generally having a good time mucking around together.

These school holidays (it's our 3 week winter holiday) can sometimes prove the most difficult for activities if you stay home and brave the weather. Today we've had a high of 4 degrees Celsius, huge winds and a smattering of snow. So it was great to be able to get out of the house for the day and for me to check out Mary's beautiful wool stash!

While the kids were entertained we sorted, untangled and wound wool and I had my first crotchet lesson. I aspire to crotchet a rug of some sort, either granny or babette or maybe even both if I get carried away . . . (I mean it has happened before when I've learnt a new craft.) Especially when I see the beautiful colours of the wool and start picturing the finished product. But for now I better keep practicing my granny squares.

No comments: