Thursday 17 May 2007

Embellishments




I recently made the little purse above that's not quite finished (like most of my projects at the moment . . .) and much to my surprise really enjoyed sewing on the tiny beads. I think it makes it look a lot more special and started thinking about ways to add sequins and beads to lots of other bags/purses I have in mind. So today when I flipped through one of my favourite magazines and saw lots of wild combinations of all sorts of lovely embellishments, I couldn't buy it quick enough! I really like the idea of just "going for it" with the design, and sewing them on in which ever way takes my fancy as I'm doing it. It's pretty radical for me not to plan or at least have a picture in my mind of what I want it to turn out like. Can't wait to get started.

No comments: