Monday 1 September 2008

Knock, knock, who's there?



So, it looks like I've completely missed August . . .

Oh well, I do plan to record a bit more of what's happening around here. There's a lot going on in our lives at the moment and finding time to take pictures and jot down a few thoughts has been a bit tough. But I'm disappointed when I look back at this journal and see how little I've recorded so I've set myself a challenge to make more of an effort.

It seems like a good time for a new start, the first day of Spring and all. I have been looking forward to this season with a longing unlike anything I can ever remember before and today really delivered! A beautiful warm day that allowed for the house to be opened up and gave me a much needed energy boost.

We put this door knocker on the front door yesterday and it feels like this is a home now instead of a building site!

I finished Keira's
Big Round rug a little while back and it's been busy keeping her warm in bed ever since.


This is the border that I added after sewing the blocks together.


Happy Spring!



4 comments:

Mary said...

You are amazing. I need to run and get the boys ready for school but I can't wait to see this !

Outi Loimaranta said...

Good to hear from you! That blanket looks wonderful, as I love all things resembling polka dots.

Can you tell me where you got the pattern for this beautiful creation? You can e-mail me at outi at minessa dot fi.

Oh, and it always a bit confusing the way things are "the wrong way" down there...we're just settling in to autumn and then winter and there you go talking about spring...it just seems weird and funny. :-)

M said...

Doesn't Keira's rug look fabulous!

Mits said...

Hello,
This scarf seems to be a hand-made scarf. I liked the color combination used in this.

===================================
vinny
nitishrocks